Share Your Story: Vicki Walton
Victorianne Russell Walton is a two-time Breast Cancer Survivor. She is a CEO, a Breast Cancer Advocate, a Motivational Speaker, Radio Host, Lifestyle Coach, Chronic Disease Instructor, and Oncology Patient Navigator Trainer.
- 03:15: I know my body; I knew that there was a problem.
- 05:24: The oncologist that I was seeing, on my third request, he told me to stop calling.
- 07:00: When he relayed the message that I was interrupting his golf game, I was furious.
- 09:07: Do you believe your physical doctor or your spiritual doctor?
- 11:33: They put these pins in you, so they know where the tumor is.
- 13:14: My fingernails fell off, my toenails fell off, my mouth turned black, my teeth cracked.
- 15:21: What was your worst moment?
- 16:19: What was your best moment?
- 18:00: Not only was it back, but it mutated to triple-negative.
- 20:45: Everybody has a journey, and everyone’s journey is different.
- 22:04: I listened to those messages and they remind me of who I am.
- 24:16: And I said, sir, you’ll kill me before I kill you.
- 26:40: When they took him to the emergency room, the doctors discovered the cancer.
- 28:23: She said, oh my gosh, you didn’t die.
- 32:14: I’m still here for a reason.
- 36:33: And the next day it’s like, okay, what can I do? Who needs my help?
- 38:15: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 40:26: What is one thing you would do to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 43:25: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 44:00: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
- Call Vicki at 301-442-5105