Share Your Story: Keith Guernsey
Keith D Guernsey has beaten cancer twice — prostate cancer in 2018 and multiple myeloma in 2020. He works on cultivating and maintaining a positive mental attitude.
- 00:59: Take us back to the beginning with the first diagnosis and how that all came about.
- 03:26: You are cancer-free.
- 05:12: Tell us about getting that multiple myeloma diagnosis after being cancer-free from prostate cancer for a year.
- 07:10: I’ve talked to people who have lived with myeloma for 31 years.
- 09:25: I went down so hard that I put my left elbow through the wall.
- 11:20: I was speaking in gibberish; I couldn’t speak complete sentences.
- 13:02: It wouldn’t be safe for me to travel until I’ve had my vaccines.
- 15:54: He was diagnosed with leukemia right before I was diagnosed with multiple myeloma.
- 18:16: I just had this time in my life where I would faint on a regular basis, and it was scary.
- 20:50: What was your worst moment in all of it?
- 22:00: What was your best moment?
- 23:45: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 24:29: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 26:55: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 28:03: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?