Share Your Story: Jordan and Robin Ray
Robin is a breast cancer survivor and mother to Jordan Ray. Robin’s 20-year-old son Zach has his private pilot license and he’s pursuing his commercial license. Robin has been married to her husband John for almost 30 years. Robin and Jordan join us from Wellington, Florida. Jordan has gone from a star athlete, brain surgery survivor, to serial entrepreneur all before age 20. Jordan Ray is the Founder and CEO of Limitless Medical Logs®, a keynote speaker. and an aspiring author.
- 01:41: Let’s start with you Robin because I know your experience came first.
- 03:53: They determined there were two spots on my right breast that they found.
- 05:52: What happens after radiation?
- 08:35: What about your brother?
- 09:31: You said your worst moment was that three-hour MRI that turned out to be unnecessary.
- 12:24: What was your best moment?
- 15:25: I think I was down for a few seconds.
- 17:10: You go to the neurosurgeon and what’s next?
- 19:29: We were like what is that malformation?
- 21:19: What was the surgery?
- 23:11: My spine is killing me.
- 25:34: Jordan, how did this affect your athletic career?
- 27:07: Yeah, well I have to say it was hard for us as well because as parents, we’ve traveled out of state with Jordan.
- 29:34: She was the first pick of their season of 2016 graduates.
- 31:11: What is one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of this journey?
- 34:12: I have an uncle who’s an oncologist up in Maine and he was very helpful whenever I got information.
- 37:41: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 40:02: You don’t just come out of medical school and know how to do these things.
- 42:42: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 44:36: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for patients and caregivers?