Share Your Story: Faith Wilcox
Faith Wilcox believes writing leads to healing. Faith learned these truths when her 13-year-old daughter, Elizabeth, was diagnosed with bone cancer that took her life. Faith’s journey from grief and despair to moments of comfort and peace taught her lessons, which she shares through her writing.
- 02:39: The orthopedic doctor took an x-ray of her knee.
- 04:57: She started to go into the rooms of children who had recently been brought into the hospital.
- 07:08: I had the support that I needed, and my daughters had the support that they needed.
- 09:13: She also started to feel very alienated from others in the school.
- 12:35: Was there a moment when things got worse?
- 13:58: What was your best moment?
- 16:10: We came home, and she had an oxygen machine for about three weeks and that helped her to breathe.
- 18:11: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of Elizabeth’s cancer journey?
- 21:19: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 31:05: I experienced denial during Elizabeth’s time of her illness.
- 34:58: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 35:56: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?