Share Your Story: Patricia Doucet
Patricia Doucet speaks and writes with clarity, compassion, and humor–encouraging women to never give up. A Christian wife, mother, cancer survivor, cancer caregiver, divorcee, mental health and relationship coach, artist, and pianist–she is on a mission to inspire women who are on their own journey–from brokenness to beloved.
- 02:45: It was very slow-growing thyroid cancer.
- 04:14: I got another lump in the same place.
- 06:17: I have never heard of that kind of surgery.
- 08:54: Did you say anything to him at the next follow-up appointment?
- 11:05: I did a lot of therapy so I could keep my neck upright.
- 13:06: She had melanoma before I got cancer.
- 14:37: How was your experience as a caregiver different than when you were a patient?
- 15:06: What was your worst moment in those five years?
- 17:31: She had gotten breast cancer quite young.
- 19:20: What was your best moment?
- 22:17: I didn’t learn how to love myself 100% until my 40s.
- 23:27: What is one thing you wish you’d known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 24:26: If you could do one thing to improve health care in Canada, what would it be and why?
- 25:56: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions