Share Your Story: Jodie Lin
Jodie Lin is a 2X breast cancer survivor/thriver, wife, mother of five wonderful children, animal lover, and National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach, NASM certified Nutrition Coach, and Holistic Cancer Coach. Jodie is passionate about helping others balance their health and advocate for themselves.
- 01:13: Can you take us back to the very beginning of that first journey with breast cancer?
- 03:09: I don’t have a family history of breast cancer.
- 05:13: There were lumps that I was starting to feel in my breast.
- 07:14: They sent my biopsy results to John Hopkins.
- 09:03: It was just a scary number, and I didn’t want to deal with those odds.
- 11:02: I was kind of focusing on her health and trying to help her.
- 13:17: They came back saying that both implants had ruptured and that was the source of my pain.
- 15:08: My first thought was I don’t want to do chemo.
- 17:37: Research has shown that many women who have had bilateral mastectomies or just mastectomies end up with damage done to the nerves.
- 19:47: What was your worst moment in all of this?
- 20:35: How about your best moment?
- 22:09: I got certified in holistic cancer coaching.
- 24:40: What is one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of that first cancer journey?
- 26:44: I literally had to chase after the diagnosis and that’s really frustrating for some people.
- 27:38: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 29:46: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 30:54: Aside from Cancer U, what’s one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?