Share Your Story: Anna Leonarda
Anna Leonarda is a nine-year breast cancer survivor who struggled with endometriosis, painful intercourse, and lack of libido for many years. Approximately eight years after diagnosis, she got divorced. Traditional dating apps didn’t cater to people with sexual limitations so she created a dating app for individuals with sexual dysfunction/limitations.
- 01:39: How did you get diagnosed?
- 03:12: When I got the diagnosis, I was in shock.
- 05:19: I had a one-sided mastectomy.
- 07:16: I lost all my hair, and the side effects weren’t horrible.
- 09:06: I’ll join support groups on Facebook with 17,000 women that have vaginismus.
- 11:25: My mom had breast cancer, and she lived a good 10 years.
- 13:30: My chest looked yellow and brown.
- 15:38: What about the deep flap?
- 16:56: Did you end up doing that surgery?
- 20:06: What was your worst moment?
- 21:59: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 22:42: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 23:56: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 25:11: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
- 27:24: If you’re using this app, it means that intercourse is not a possibility.