Back To School Edition: COVID-19 Vaccines & Mask Mandates
This week, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted Pfizer full approval for its COVID-19 vaccine.
Schools around the country also started to reopen for the 2021-2022 school year. With schools reopening and the Delta variant of COVID-19 flaring up across the US, many are bringing up the pros and cons of mask mandates in schools in addition to COVID-19 vaccine access to young children.
In today’s episode of Health Affairs This Week, Senior Editors Rob Lott and Jessica Bylander weigh the perspectives for both topics as parents prepare for the new school year.
Sign up to the the Health Affairs Today newsletter for more Back-To-School Essentials content during the week of August 30, 2021. In the newsletter, we will promote past Health Affairs content for future health policy experts.
- COVID-19 Vaccines for Children and Teens (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- FDA Approves First COVID-19 Vaccine (FDA)
- As Schools Reopen, It’s Time To Increase Funding For School-Based Health Centers (Health Affairs Blog)
- Children and COVID-19: State-Level Data Report (American Academy of Pediatrics)
- The Delta Variant: I’m Vaccinated. Should I Wear A Mask? (Johns Hopkins University)