Share Your Story: Cathy Biase
Cathy is a graduate of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, a Certified Professional Cancer Coach, and a breast cancer survivor. Her personal and professional experience has given her a profound understanding of the importance of cultivating health during cancer care and for cancer prevention.
- 02:20: My mom had had breast cancer five years before me.
- 04:37: If that technician had not grabbed me on my way out the door it could have been much worse.
- 05:54: She said we found some in the lymph nodes and I started to cry right away.
- 08:10: I had you know for safety’s sake I think they took out 13 of them.
- 10:19: Did you do the reconstruction after chemo and radiation?
- 12:29: Why did you choose reconstruction?
- 14:30: My thought process was I want to do everything in my power to never go through this again.
- 16:09: I didn’t ask other people’s opinions about what I should do.
- 18:15: I don’t want to dive into things that I really can’t do anything with.
- 20:30: What they do is they can take the fat and they can put it up into the breast area.
- 22:04: My cancer was estrogen positive.
- 25:30: What was your worst moment?
- 29:05: What was your best moment?
- 32:40: It took a while for it to sink in.
- 34:48: What is the one thing that you wish you had known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 36:10: If you could do only one thing to improve health care in Canada, what would it be and why?
- 37:05: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 38:10: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?