Share Your Story: Grace Charrier
Grace Charrier is a global patient leader and public health advocate serving on several international cancer and health panels. Grace also serves as a Legislative Ambassador for the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS-CAN) where she enables conversations and collaborations.
- 00:33: Grace Charrier is a global patient leader and public health advocate serving on several international cancer and health panels.
- 02:33: I just fell in my bathroom.
- 05:09: And that was when it was discovered.
- 07:45: I had to be as positive as possible and make affirmations that I was going to get out of it.
- 10:25: That was chemotherapy. I couldn’t keep anything down.
- 12:24: Did you choose to do reconstruction at all?
- 14:30: How is your daughter during all of this?
- 16:30: We’re on top of this, we’re on top of this mom, we’re going to get through it.
- 18:16: My worst moment was sitting in limbo, waiting.
- 19:40: What was your best moment during this time?
- 23:04: Now my money goes on charities.
- 24:46: Especially where I come from, cancer is considered a death sentence.
- 27:34: What is one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 29:30: How do you tackle having a relationship now?
- 32:55: If you want me for who I am then and I love you and you love me, that shouldn’t be the problem, right?
- 35:18: When you’re not looking, you’re just being yourself, focusing on yourself being your best self, that’s when the right person shows up.
- 37:24: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 43:40: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 44:35: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?