370 – Why quitting isn’t the answer to burnout recovery in healthcare. Dr Jo Braid, The Burnout Recover Dr
📺 Watch this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/kky5xwiQ_tQ
In this episode of Talking HealthTech, host Peter Birch chats with Jo Braid, a clinician and coach who specialises in helping healthcare professionals overcome burnout and find fulfilment in their careers. Jo shares their personal experience with burnout and discusses the common causes and symptoms. They also explore the generational differences in work ethic and the importance of empathy in healthcare. Join Peter and Jo as they dive into the world of burnout and discuss strategies for preventing and recovering from it.
– Burnout is a prevalent issue among healthcare professionals, with at least 63% of physicians experiencing burnout.
– Jo Braid emphasises the need for efficiency and reducing administrative tasks to prevent excessive work hours.
– Self-care and work-life balance are emerging trends in healthcare that prioritise well-being and prevent burnout.
– Empathy plays a significant role in patient care, as patients can sense when healthcare professionals lack genuine care.
– Burnout can have significant consequences for both individuals and the healthcare system, including reduced productivity and attrition.
00:00 – Introduction
01:05 – Meet Jo
02:33 – Why Focus on Burnout Recovery for Clinicians
06:42 – Is Giving Up The Answer?
08:52 – What is Burnout and its Common Causes?
12:22 – Is Burnout a Generational Issue?
14:44 – The Impact of Burnout in Healthcare
16:40 – Burnout is More Than The Work Environment
18:40 – The Different Stages Of Burnout
20:35 – Growth Mindset vs Fixed Mindset
21:33 – The Complete Burnout Recovery Program
23:00 – Outro
Check out the episode and full show notes on the Talking HealthTech website.
Loving the show? Leave us a review, and share it with someone who might get some value from it.
Keen to take your healthtech to the next level? Become a THT+ Member for access to our online community forum, quarterly summits, and more exclusive content. For more information, visit talkinghealthtech.com/thtplus.