371 – Reducing record hospital wait times that cost Australian lives. Kate Quirke – Alcidion & Martin Moszczynski – Olinqua
📺 Watch this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/SDjGrXj5KYU
In this episode of Talking HealthTech, host Peter Birch interviews Kate Quirke, CEO of Alcidion, and Martin Moszczynski, founder of Olinqua.
The discussion revolves around the partnership between Alcidion and Olinqua to improve hospital operations using clinical and operational data. They delve into the challenges faced by the healthcare system in Australia, the power of data in improving patient care, and the role of technology in enabling healthcare advancements.
– The partnership between Alcidion and Olinqua aims to address long wait times and ramping in the healthcare system, providing a meaningful solution to a pressing issue.
– The digitisation of building management, security systems, and fire panels has resulted in a wealth of data that can be harnessed to predict future needs and optimise facility management.
– Exposing and utilising data on bed availability and other operational aspects can expedite patient care and enhance hospital operations.
– Automating administrative tasks through technology can free up more time for clinicians to focus on patient care.
– Technology serves as an enabler for improving healthcare, but it is crucial to have an ecosystem that supports hospital operation centres.
00:00 – Intro
01:10 – Meet Martin Moszczynski, Olinqua
01:30 – Meet Kate Quirke, Alcidion
02:28 – Miya Central
03:30 – The Power Of Real Time Data
03:55 – Ambulance Ramping & ED Wait Times
05:53 – Giving Clinicians More Time To Care
09:15 – The Past Predicts The Future
10:28 – Future Of Collaboration In Healthcare
11:55 – Miya Central Next Steps
13:00 – Outro
Check out the episode and full show notes on the Talking HealthTech website.
Loving the show? Leave us a review, and share it with someone who might get some value from it.
Keen to take your healthtech to the next level? Become a THT+ Member for access to our online community forum, quarterly summits, and more exclusive content.
For more information, visit talkinghealthtech.com/thtplus.