369 – The rise and rise of remote patient monitoring. Craig Simmonds, Propell
📺 Watch this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/hKgj8uV7ClY
In this episode of Talking HealthTech, Peter Birch interviews Craig Simmonds from Propell, discussing remote patient monitoring in Australia. They delve into the importance of device interoperability, recent partnerships and collaborations with healthcare organisations, and advancements in wearable technology. The episode also explores the impact of consumer-focused devices and the significance of simplicity and aesthetics in the design of health devices.
– The importance of device interoperability and integrating health devices into existing platforms.
– The need for standards and interoperability to allow devices to connect and work across different healthcare platforms.
– The significance of recent advancements in wearable technology for remote patient monitoring.
– The success and impact of Bendigo Health’s remote patient monitoring program in Northern Victoria.
– The shift towards a patient and consumer focus in the healthcare industry.
– The importance of simplicity and aesthetics in the design of health devices.
00:00 – Intro
00:55 – Meet Craig & Propel
01:36 – Monitoring Devices
03:18 – The Rise Of Consumer Focused Devices
04:13 – Recent Hospital Partnerships
05:30 – Device and Platform Integrations
06:11 – Connectivity Challenges In Hospitals
07:48 – The Future Of Devices
11:10 – Partnership Opportunities
12:18 – Outro
Check out the episode and full show notes on the Talking HealthTech website.
Loving the show? Leave us a review, and share it with someone who might get some value from it.
Keen to take your healthtech to the next level? Become a THT+ Member for access to our online community forum, quarterly summits and more exclusive content.
For more information visit talkinghealthtech.com/thtplus