368 – The Language of Healthcare: Bridging the Gap between Patients and Medical Professionals. Chris Pymble, Graphics et al
📺 Watch this episode on YouTube: https://youtu.be/__QhOx-P3SU
In this episode of Talking HealthTech, host Sophie Turner interviews Chris Pymble, founder and CEO of Graphics et al. Chris is an anatomist and a passionate scientific communicator who recognised the need for better patient education in the healthcare industry. Chris shares her insights and experiences in bridging the gap between healthcare education and patient needs.
– Patient education is often neglected in the healthcare industry, leading to a reliance on unreliable online sources for health information.
– Empowering individuals through healthcare education can help them take control of their own health.
– There is a significant disparity between patient literacy levels and the complexity of health literature, creating communication challenges.
– Incorporating accessible education materials, such as diagrams, animations, and patient journals, can improve understanding and engagement.
– Healthcare systems, clinics, and hospitals have a responsibility to prioritise and implement effective patient education initiatives.
Check out the episode and full show notes on the Talking HealthTech website.
Loving the show? Leave us a review and share it with someone who might find it valuable.
Keen to take your healthtech to the next level? Become a THT+ Member for access to our online community forum, quarterly summits, and more exclusive content. For more information, visit talkinghealthtech.com/thtplus.