Ep20: Investing in DTx Businesses
Will Gibbs came to Octopus Ventures via a circuitous route – which interestingly, included setting up a rare breed pig farm in his native Essex. He landed in venture capital because he loves to build things – especially large-scale solutions for “taboo” or overlooked medical conditions like substance addiction, menopause, and acne.
Will and Eugene peek underneath the hood of venture capital. They discuss Octopus Ventures’ investments in companies like Big Health and Quit Genius, the ins and outs of investing in DTx solutions, whether there is a valuation bubble in the DTx space, and Will offers some advice for startups looking to raise funds.
Viewing in Apple Podcasts?
Visit our website for links to everything below: https://digitalhealthtoday.com/dtx/
Guest Links and Resources:
- Connect with Will Gibbs: LinkedIn https://linkedin.com/in/willgibbs1/
- Visit Octopus Ventures: Twitter | LinkedIn | Website
Host Links and Resources:
- Connect with Eugene Borukhovich: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Follow Eugene’s journey of writing his first book: Hard Pill to Swallow
- Connect with YourCoach.health: Website | Twitter
- Subscribe to Exits & Outcomes
- Brian Dolan: Twitter | LinkedIn
- HealthXL: Website | Twitter | Join an Event
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network:
Digital Health Today is made possible by the support of our sponsors. Thank you to: