#71, Simulating the Future of Public Health, with John Cordier of Epistemix
As we try to keep up with a world being transformed by data driven decision making, the potential value of a tool that simulates the future of public health is profound. On this episode of the AWS Health Innovation Podcast, Yin He from AWS Startups speaks with John Cordier, the CEO & Co-Founder of Epistemix, who built a platform for running realistic simulations of human populations, simulations that reveal crucial points of leverage where a single decision can have extraordinary impact, providing game-changing capabilities to health plans and systems.
- Population Health Simulation [02:05]: Discover Epistemix’s synthetic population health engine and learn about John’s career, dedicated to advancing public health.
- COVID-19 & Behavioral Shifts [06:28]: Learn about the pivotal role of information and behavior changes in public health, using COVID-19 as a case study.
- Strategic Health Planning [13:29]: Deep dive into Epistemix’s role in helping health plans and systems develop strategies to improve outcomes, access, and equity.
- Technology [17:02]: Explore the innovative technology behind Epistemix’s simulations, offering highly granular data across the US and beyond.
- Improving Health Equity [19:52]: John shares insights on addressing social determinants in health through Epistemix’s simulations.
- The Power of Simulation [26:48]: Understand the dynamic nature of Epistemix’s approach to simulation versus prediction in public health.
“Simulation, Not Prediction”, read the blog mentioned in this episode:
Get in touch with AWS here to learn how we can help your organization accelerate healthcare innovation.
Please take a moment and let us know what you think of the podcast, access our feedback survey here.