#61, AI, Cardiology & Next-Gen Echocardiograms with James Hare & Dr. Carolyn Lam of Us2.ai
Join host Dr. Terence Tan, Business Development Manager, Healthcare and Life Sciences Startups for AWS, as he welcomes James Hare, CEO & Co-Founder, and Dr. Carolyn Lam, Co-Founder & Non-Exec Head of Medical Affairs of Us2.ai. This Singapore-based company is on a mission to democratize echocardiograms through AI, aiming to improve patient outcomes and expand healthcare access globally.
In this episode, we discuss:
- AI in Cardiology and the democratization of echocardiography [07:30]
- Evidence Generation through key research studies and community-based efforts [10:55]
- Technical Challenges in achieving 100% automation [14:57]
- Empowering Clinicians with Us2.ai’s Co-Pilot [18:08]
- Global Customer Footprint from Uganda to the Philippines to Boston [22:04]
- Regulatory & Tech Deployment strategies [24:01]
- Goals for the Future and the evolving perception of AI [27:30]
- Advice to Founders in the clinical decision support space [30:55]
- COVID-19, AI Adoption & Final Thoughts. Happy Anniversary to James & Carolyn! [33:59]
Get in touch with AWS here to learn how we can help your organization accelerate healthcare innovation.
Please take a moment and let us know what you think of the podcast, access our feedback survey here.