#60, Revolutionizing Dentistry with AI, Ophir Tanz from Pearl
Ever wonder about the intersection of AI and dentistry? Join Alex Merwin, Head of Growth, Healthcare & Life Sciences Startups at AWS, as he sits down with Ophir Tanz, Founder & CEO of Pearl, a company using AI to power the future of dentistry. From Ophir’s background to the intricacies of integrating AI in dental care, we cover a lot in this one!
- Unveiling Pearl’s Vision: Learn about Ophir’s professional journey and the unique challenges and opportunities of integrating AI in dentistry. [01:36]
- Startup Evolution & Selecting Investors: Hard won insights about Series A & B fundraising, how Pearl spun out of a successful computer vision startup, and how to think about who you should invite onto your board of directors. [07:59]
- Visual Storytelling: How AI-enabled dental imaging takes advantage of our preference for visual story telling, improving diagnostic performance of dentists and empowering patients to understand and improve their dental health. [15:46]
- Pearl’s Bold Regulatory Strategy: Why Pearl decided to pursue 10 FDA clearances in one submission. [21:02]
- Integration & Deployment: Pearl’s approach to ensuring a smooth workflow and a great clinician experience. [25:21]
- Crafting Quality AI Models: Pearl’s meticulous process of sourcing and annotating training data, culminating in their performant AI models. [27:40]
- Generative AI and other Emerging Trends: Generative AI use cases and other emerging trends in applying AI in dentistry. [31:48]
- Workflow – The Key to Adoption: Why great AI is not enough, a seamless workflow is a requirement for clinician adoption and effective implementation. [35:59]
Get in touch with AWS here to learn how we can help your organization accelerate healthcare innovation.
Please take a moment and let us know what you think of the podcast, access our feedback survey here.