84 – Can Virtual Reality treat phobias? Corrie Ackland, Sydney Phobia Clinic
Corrie Ackland is a Clinical Psychologist, and Founder and Director of Sydney Phobia Clinic.
She has a background in severe anxiety/OCD, is a registered supervisor and guest lecturer in the area of severe anxiety, phobias, and behavioural and Virtual Reality treatment for anxiety.
The Sydney Phobia Clinic is combining the best evidence-based cognitive-behavioural therapy techniques with cutting edge virtual reality experiences to help everyday people overcome specific phobias.
In this episode Corrie will answer the following questions and more:
- Sydney Phobia Clinic – What is it, who is it for and what problem does it solve?
- How did it start? And why is this important to her?
- What is some of the research and evidence around the use of VR treatment or any other treatment for that matter of phobias?
- How has COVID impacted on their business?
- What are your top 3 tips for overcoming a phobia generally?
- What’s on the horizon for the Sydney Phobia clinic?
Check out the episode and full show notes here.
To see the latest information, news, events and jobs on offer at Sydney Phobia Clinic, visit their Talking HealthTech Directory here.