375 – Growth hacking around an advertising ban on Tinder. James Sneddon, Stigma Health
In this episode of Talking HealthTech during Sexual Health Awareness Week, Sophie Turner speaks with James Sneddon from Stigma Health to discuss the significance of fostering a sex-positive culture and raising awareness about sexual health.
We explore pathology referrals and sexual health education, and the impact of increased telehealth adoption during the pandemic.
We also delve into Stigma Health’s user-centric approach, which has been key to patient retention and word-of-mouth referrals.
Also learn about the business aspects of Stigma Health, like growth hacks, strategic partnerships and the pros and cons of external funding.
– Stigma Health has experienced exponential growth in the last 12 months, tripling their business and adding thousands of new patients per month.
– They have built their success through strong clinical governance and earning a reputable reputation.
– Word of mouth has played a significant role in their growth, especially in the field of sexual health.
– While interested in seeking funding and support, Stigma Health has found ways to collaborate and improve their services without significant financial investment.
– They have learned valuable lessons from past mistakes and are confident in their position as a market leader.
[00:00] – Introduction
[01:09] – Meet James Sneddon, Stigma Health
[02:08] – Scaling Operations
[03:24] – Bootstrapping and Growth
[05:12] – Investment Opportunities
[07:56] – Lessons from Angel Investment
[09:07] – Addressing Sexual Health Taboos
[10:47] – Cost and Stigma Around Sexual Health
[11:35] – Challenges in Advertising
[12:49] – New Marketing Avenues
[15:19] – More Channels and Word-of-Mouth
[18:15] – Growth and Scaling
[18:41] – Sexual Health Awareness Week
[20:13] – Personal Touch in Customer Service
Check out the episode and full show notes on the Talking HealthTech website.
Loving the show? Leave us a review and share it with someone who might get some value from it.
Keen to take your healthtech to the next level? Become a THT+ Member for access to our online community forum, quarterly summits, and more exclusive content. For more information, visit talkinghealthtech.com/thtplus