154 – Leadership in health and aged care in times of uncertainty; Jacquie Gilfedder, Telstra Health & Esha Oberoi, Afea Care Services
This episode focuses on what it takes to be a quality leader in health and aged care during uncertain times, and speaks to some of the amazing things women are doing in the Australian digital health space.
First up, we hear from Jacquie Gilfedder from Telstra Health. Jacquie shares her insights on how COVID-19 has had some transformational impacts within Telstra Health as well as the aged care sector in general.
Key subjects Jacquie and Pete discuss:
- How leadership can be demonstrated in uncertain and ‘unprecedented’ times
- What is means for leaders to focus on the health and well-being of their teams
- The importance of professional development; making use of the current travel restrictions
- The incredible surge in uptake of technology and digitisation within the aged care and health sector
- Career paths for women wanting to explore their options in health and aged care.
We then hear from the 2021 Emerging Leader in Health winner at the Women’s Agenda Leadership Awards; Esha Oberoi, founder and CEO of Afea Care Services. Esha takes us through her incredible journey and shares some practical advice for women looking to develop their career in digital health.
Pete and Esha speak about:
- The path that has led Esha through an award winning career
- Three critical elements employees look for in their leaders – safety, clarity and hope
- How Afea Care Services grew by 40% in a time of uncertainty and sector upheaval
- The growth opportunities within aged care and health space.