IMPACTOVATION: When your profession’s pool won’t accommodate your splash, dig an ocean that will.
Do you have imposter syndrome? You know, when you think you don’t belong and you’re faking it? Well that’s great for it means you’re ready to buck the system. Meet Cassie Choi who was born an iconoclast. She entered nursing to make an impact and became a CEO and co-founder of a tech company in healthcare that focuses on the most important factor of healthcare: the relationship with the patient. Please join RNegade podcasters Antra and Karen as they learn about Cassie’s journey and the innovation and change she brings to the healthcare industry.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE: Nurses interested in becoming entrepreneurs. Nurses looking to become leaders at their institution or organization. Individuals interested in starting their own technology business for healthcare.
I. Introductions/Get to know Cassie
II. “The American healthcare system is too big and f***** up.” (Cassie’s experience as a nurse)
A. Inequitable care
B. Hospitals as pivotal roles in the community
C. How do I empower people who don’t have basic access to healthcare?
III. Stepping out of the box
A. Learning to code
B. Nurse as medical consultant for tech companies
C. 1st Company: Forward
D. 2nd Company: Pair Team
- How it all started
- Description of services provided
- Philosophy of technology and patient care
- It’s all about the relationship
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. become professionally self-reliant and start a business, side-hustle or gig
2. identify core skills to that are necessary for technology focused healthcare companies
3. reflect on their position in their workplace with regard to having imposter syndrome
TO RECEIVE YOUR CE:
Click on the Episode Website Link, or go to www.RNegade.pro, to become a registered user and answer the activity questions under the title of this podcast. Please submit your responses to the activities either by typing or recording an audio response using HIRETALK. Responses will be reviewed and if approved, you will be awarded your CE.
- Cassie’s experience at a prestigious New York hospital was an awakening for her that she was an imposter. Have you felt this way at work? Do you feel this way now? Please share in detail.
- Cassie’s journey takes us on an adventure of startups and entrepreneurship all the while focusing on her core value of caring for others. Do you feel you could stop what you are doing now and take a similar step? Why or why not?
- Technology is great… when it works. What is an advancement in technology you would like to see that would help make a bigger impact in patient care?
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Cassie Choi, RN, is the co-founder and COO of Pair Team, a San Francisco-based tech-enabled care team and operations infrastructure for America’s safety-net primary care clinics. Her experience in clinical design, operational management and product strategy fuel Pair Team’s vision and presence in digital health. She offers a unique blend of medical and business acumen and a passion for healthcare innovation.
Cassie started her career in nursing as a critical care nurse in multiple acute care settings. It was there she saw gaps in American healthcare and was determined to find a solution. Cassie’s profession evolved into clinical operations and technology development. Her entrepreneurial spirit and passion for social and economic disparities led her to partner with former Forward colleague Neil Batlivala to co-found Pair Team in 2019.
She is a California Board of Nursing Registered Nurse and holds a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Northeastern University.
RNegade is accredited as a provider of continuing education by the California Board of Registered Nursing
TOTAL CONTACT HOURS:
1.0 (0.65 listen to podcast, 0.25 activity, 0.1 evaluation)
EXPIRATION DATE: July 10, 2025