Accelerating Medical and Surgical Mastery with Dr. Ruchi Thanawala
This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
During this episode, we are thrilled to welcome Dr. Ruchi Thanawala, Thoracic Surgeon and co-founder of FireFly Lab.
While together, Dr. Thanawala shares her journey of becoming an entrepreneur after pursuing a career in surgery, and how FireFly Lab’s Innovative Medical Acceleration Learning platform is helping doctors, residents, and surgeons master their surgical procedures through timely, actionable, individualized feedback and learning curves.
We also address the advances of AI to power educational platforms and the way surgeons are trained, the game-changing impact of edtech platforms for future surgeons as well as advice for aspiring entrepreneurs looking to make a difference in the healthcare industry.
Join us as Dr. Thanawala shares how she and the FireFly lab team are accelerating medical and surgical mastery. Let’s go!
- Dr. Thanawala’s journey of becoming an entrepreneur after her pursuit of being a surgeon
- Why Dr. Thanawala started FireFly Lab
- How accelerated learning platforms make a difference in surgeon residents’ education process
- What areas of education FireFly Lab is focused on today
- Dr. Thanawala’s advice for other aspiring entrepreneurs
About our Guest:
Dr. Ruchi Thanawala, Thoracic Surgeon and co-founder of FireFly Lab, Dr. Thanawala was recruited to Oregon Health and Science University in late 2020. She joined the thoracic surgery faculty as an assistant professor, after completing her cardiothoracic surgery fellowship at the University of Iowa and her general surgery residency at the University of Massachusetts Medical School-Baystate Medical center. She also completed a Master of Science in Health Informatics from Northwestern University and a Surgical Education Research Fellowship from the Association of Surgical Education, becoming one of a very small number of thoracic surgeons informaticians with education research training in the U.S.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Firefly Lab website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Ruchi Thanawala LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Firefly LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE