Nursing the Human Spirit With Sarah Morse
Are you one of the few fortunate people whose profession became their passion? In the world of nursing, care is not just about the sick, nursing the human spirit is also a significant duty that nurses heed.
However, not all nurses will be ready to embark on life-changing journeys. These are often filled with uncomfortable situations and the first-hand experience of impoverished medical management.
In this week’s episode of High Performance Nursing, I have a wonderful conversation with Sarah Morse. She has over 20 years of experience as a Registered Nurse and a champion of Humanitarian actions. She is also a highly sought-after motivational speaker who inspires a culture of courage in the workplace.
Her deep commitment to nursing has led her to experience working in countries with deprived healthcare systems. These enlightening encounters made her realize that not everyone in the world is given the same privilege she enjoys.
In her journey filled with humanitarian efforts, Sarah learned valuable insights and acknowledged the fact that her nursing career isn’t confined within hospital walls. She’s capable of giving care and nursing the human spirit wherever in the world she may be.
Sarah’s nursing career gave her awareness of what other people are going through, and discover her true self. If you want to know more about where your nursing profession can take you, this episode is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Sarah’s journey from being a nurse to a professional speaker (02:04)
- The biggest learnings from humanitarian experiences (08:00)
- Advice for nurses who want to venture into humanitarian works (13:05)
- What does it take to be a professional speaker? (14:49)
- The importance of showing up for yourself (19:20)
- Being intentional with developing workplace culture (22:37)
- What’s needed to resolve workplace issues? (30:58)
- Psychological Safety in the workplace and within the self (38:21)
CONNECT WITH SARAH MORSE
Connect with Sarah on her website
Connect with Sarah on LinkedIn and Facebook
Watch her YouTube videos here
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
JOIN MY COACHING TEAM
We are inviting applications from aspiring clinical coaches who have a passion for coaching, supporting, and transforming the lives and careers of clinicians across the globe.
For more information on the Career Success Coach role click here
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!