How to Land Your Dream Graduate Position
Are you nearing the end of your nursing degree and feeling anxious about your future? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. A lot of students feel overwhelmed when it comes to finding their dream job after graduation. But don’t fret, there are plenty of ways to make the process a little less daunting.
In this week’s episode of High-Performance Nursing, I am answering one of the most asked questions to me – how do you land your dream graduate position? Landing in your dream graduate position is often a combination of both luck and hard work.
Sometimes, you can land your dream job just by being in the right place at the right time. But more often than not, it takes a little bit of extra effort to make your dream a reality. After all, if you don’t put in the work, someone else will.
If you are currently in your final year of nursing school and feeling lost about what to do next, this episode is for you! I am sharing my pillars on how to land your dream graduate job.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Does your academic background define where you are headed? (02:22)
- How to master the skills required to achieve your dream role (03:20)
- Boosting your self-confidence (05:12)
- “Selling” yourself (06:10)
- Mastering self-coaching (06:40)
- Choosing to believe what is possible for you (11:40)
- The importance of presenting yourself correctly (15:25)
- How to properly prepare for an interview (23:06)
- The STAR technique (29:37)
- The outcome does not define your worth concept (31:29)
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!