From Lifeguard To Nursepreneur With Rory Tanner
Are you feeling stuck in your career? Are you looking for a change, but don’t know where to start? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Making a career change can be scary, but it’s also an exciting adventure.
In this week’s episode of High Performance Nursing, I have a fascinating conversation with Rory Tanner, a lifeguard turned nurse and educator. Rory owns multiple education businesses and is very passionate about ADHD, personal development, mindset, psychology, technology & software.
According to Rory, focusing on what you like and what you want is very important, especially when jumping from one career to another. It’s also essential to have a clear picture of what you want to achieve. Once you know what you want, the next step is finding a tribe or community that can help support your journey.
After all, making a career change is not just about acquiring new skills, but it’s also about mindset, personal development, and relationships. If you’re feeling stuck in your career, or if you’re considering making a change, I hope this conversation with Rory Tanner inspires you to take that leap of faith.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Rory’s journey from being a lifeguard to being a nurse (02:09)
- Working in a private hospital vs. working in a public hospital (09:03)
- Do you really need to know your destiny after graduation? (16:26)
- The importance of creating a personal brand identity (17:47)
- Rory’s tips on finding what you really want to do (19:05)
- Taking control of your life (23:21)
- What makes coaching a powerful career (25:24)
- Being a Xenos educator (27:23)
- Rory’s vision for his business (30:40)
- Helping people with ADHD (38:15)
- The importance of self-care (47:47)
CONNECT WITH RORY TANNER
Visit his website here.
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!