Cardiac Nursing with Georgia Sibley
Think you have the toughest job in nursing? Cardiac nurses would beg to differ. Dealing with heart patients and their myriad issues takes a special kind of nurse – one who is skilled, knowledgeable, and unflappable.
In this week’s episode of High-Performance Nursing, I have a fascinating conversation with Georgia Sibley, a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Cardiology. Georgia thinks that in order to give the greatest clinical treatment and ensure patient safety, nurses must acquire a thorough awareness of their patients’ condition.
According to her, cardiac nursing is not for the faint of heart. It’s a demanding, high-pressure job that requires split-second decision-making. But it’s also incredibly rewarding, as you have the opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives – sometimes even saving them.
So if you’re interested in learning more about what it takes to be a successful cardiac nurse, or you’re just curious about the field of cardiology, tune in to this episode!
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Georgia’s nursing journey up to this point (02:15)
- Why is she so passionate to learn more (06:58)
- The process of building her nursing career (10:48)
- What does a day in a life look like for ANUMs? (17:30)
- What it’s like to hold a senior leadership role at a young age? (25:18)
- Georgia’s vision for the Nurse Sibs platform (32:50)
- What does Georgia want to share with high-performance nurses? (44:00)
- Georgia’s advice for people who think they need to have a niche (47:15)
CONNECT WITH GEORGIA SIBLEY
Visit Georgia’s website here
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!