Eat With Freedom With Anti-Diet Dietician Cristina Capucci
What could be more liberating than enjoying a good meal without worrying about calories, carbs, or points?
For many people, eating without restrictions is a dream come true. And that’s exactly what Cristina Capucci promises.
In this week’s episode of High-Performance Nursing, I had a fascinating conversation with Cristina Capucci, a Registered Dietitian with a Master of Health Science. She is an advocate for client-centered care, with her clients driving the decisions that work best for them.
Cristina chats about how the traditional dietitian role is shifting and how she is working to support her clients in their overall health and wellbeing, not just their weight. We discuss how Cristina uses a non-diet approach with her clients, which is based on the Health at Every Size (HAES®) principles.
We also dive into intuitive eating, a method that allows you to listen to your body and eat based on your hunger and fullness signals.
If you’re looking for a more holistic approach to nutrition, or if you’re curious about how to make peace with food, I think you’ll enjoy this conversation with Cristina Capucci.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Cristina’s journey (1:39)
- Why Cristina became a dietician (4:56)
- What it’s like being a dietician (9:45)
- Challenges dieticians are facing in the hospital (14:29)
- What is an anti-diet dietician? (18:56)
- Being an intuitive eater (23:09)
- Nutritional tips from Cristina (31:05)
- Using food to cope up (35:22)
- Cristina’s coaching program (40:04)
- Eating with freedom (46:23)
CONNECT WITH CRISTINA CAPUCCI
Connect with Cristina on Instagram.
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!