Creating Your Intentional Life with Beth Montano from Autonomic
In this episode of High Performance Nursing, I speak with the amazing Beth Montano. She is a Clinical Nurse Specialist in Medical Oncology and the CEO & Founder of Autonomic.
Beth has over 12 years of nursing experience and through Autonomic, she’s on a mission to help nurses to love their work. It’s no secret that working as a nursing professional or in most healthcare industries is extremely tiring and nurses experience burnout and constant stress.
For nurses to love their work, it’s essential to go back to basics and reflect on what they want from nursing. It starts with what Beth coined as RCA – require, change, and accept. Nurses should assess what they require from their work, the changes they want to happen, and the things they have to accept.
Some nurses also feel stuck because they’ve made their careers their entire identities. For Beth, being a nurse should only be a part of your identity and not the entirety of it. Beth also advises nurses to constantly seek both formal and informal support in times of stress. This not only helps their well-being but also has a positive influence on their work performance.
In times of crisis like this global pandemic where the demand for healthcare is high, nurses might question if they really love their work. However, with the right support and mindset, nurses can create an intentional life where they stay true to their passion and commitment to taking care of others and themselves.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Beth’s career to date (01:25)
- Her life-changing experiences in India (02:50)
- A day in a life of Beth as a clinical nurse specialist (11:55)
- Beth’s advice for nurses who are holding themselves back (14:50)
- The history of Autonomic (17:09)
- The changes Beth would implement in the nursing profession (23:03)
- Love Your Work (25:05)
- Beth’s recommendations to nurses managing current stress (30:45)
- Rapid-fire questions with Beth Montano (32:49)
CONNECT WITH BETH MONTANO
Visit Beth’s website
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!