Gain Your Power Back with Nurul Norzahari
Nurses know that they have a passion for helping and taking care of others, but knowing this is never enough to get them through the difficult times. Even before the whole pandemic situation, one may see some nurses losing enthusiasm for their work.
In this episode of High Performance Nursing, I chat with the fabulous Nurul Norzahari. She is a Registered Nurse, Personal Trainer, and the Founder of FitNurseCo. Her 10 years of combined work experience has been moving and motivating health professionals for the benefit of their well-being
Nurul is here to talk about how nurses can gain their power back. To do this, she advises nurses to truly know themselves, assess their emotions, and write their goals. Nurul also showcased the importance for nurses to understand deeply their why.
Nurses should know how to take back power over their lives and don’t let a stressful work or person control them. As a result, their mind and body reach homeostasis and their personal and professional lives become more aligned. They become motivated to do well in their careers, and they greatly appreciate who they are outside work.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- What led Nurul to RN and PT work? (01:37)
- The challenges in the nursing practice (07:33)
- The significance of listening to body symptoms (14:19)
- 3 things to help nurses gain power back (17:55)
- Why we need to know why we do our professions (23:25)
- Key learnings from starting FitNurseCo. (29:09)
- Nurul’s advice to her younger nursing self (39:00)
- Rapid-fire questions with Nurul Norzahari (43:48)
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!