Feed Drop: Emerging Medtech Today – Transatlantic Investing and Fund II Strategy, with Panakes Partners
In this special feed drop hear the first episode of Emerging Medtech Today, hosted by Henry Peck and powered by LSI. The Emerging Medtech Today podcast offers a unique opportunity to gain valuable insights from industry leaders who are building breakthrough businesses that are moving medtech forward.
Join Henry as he engages in captivating conversations with innovators and investors who are at the forefront of medtech. Discover the strategies, technologies, and ideas that are shaping the future of healthcare.
In this episode Henry Peck speaks with Diana Saraceni and Alessio Beverina, co-founders and managing directors of Panakes, a venture capital firm that’s helping to build the next generation of game-changing technologies companies in the field of Life Sciences.
Diana brings 23 years of venture capital experience and previously co-founded another successful venture capital firm called 360 Capital. Alessio, with an engineering background, co-founded Panakes in 2015 after working as a research engineer at Sofinnova Partners.
Throughout the episode, Diana and Alessio provide valuable insights into the evolving landscape of medtech investing, shedding light on the complexities, challenges, and opportunities in the field.
- Current market conditions and challenges faced by companies in medtech
- Key learnings from Panakes’ first fund which focused on medtech and raised €75 million
- Strategies for the newly raised second fund, with plans to expand its focus to include biotech and opportunities where medtech and biotech converge
- The impact of regulatory changes, particularly the MDR (Medical Device Regulation) shift and the increasing prioritization of FDA approval in Europe
- Navigating the evolving landscape of digital health and its intersection with artificial intelligence (AI)
- Health tech and digital health opportunities in Europe compared to the US
- A reflection on the future of healthcare innovation
- Diana and Alessio’s upcoming participation at the LSI Europe ‘23 conference in September, where they will discuss these topics in greater detail
Transcript of episode
Guest links and resources:
Connect with LSI:
Connect with Health Podcast Network: