DTx for GI Disorders and Migraine: How Can Gut Directed Hypnotherapy Make a Positive Impact for Patients?
Gut-directed hypnotherapy has an ability to retrain both nervous systems to work together to communicate better, giving the central nervous system the ability to downregulate the hyper vigilant signals that are being sent up from the enteric nervous system.
Despite there being over 20 different randomized controlled trials showing that gut directed hypnotherapy has a positive impact on all of the symptoms of for functional GI disorders, experts still don’t really know exactly why it works
To learn more about the future of gut-directed hypnotherapy and the role DTx can play, I went straight to Tim Rudolphi, CEO of metaMe Health.
metaMe, in their own words “believe the best medicine may not be medicine at all. By developing innovative prescription digital therapeutics (PDTs) to combat many common chronic conditions, they are putting the power to heal right in the hands of their patients.” starting with gut health.
In this episode, we cover:
- The founding story of metaMe Health
- The scientific thesis behind gut-directed hypnotherapy
- metaMe’s business hypothesis in action: the process of selling prescription digital therapeutic to a doctor
- Commercialization of Prescription Digital Therapeutics
- Making space for DTx alongside health coaching
Guest Links and Resources:
- Danny Bern
- Brian Dolan
- The Lancet
- Connect with Eugene Borukhovich: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with Chandana Fitzgerald, MD: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Connect with YourCoach.health: Website | Twitter
- Check out Shot of Digital Health with Eugene and Jim Joyce: Website | Podcast App
- HealthXL: Website | Twitter | Join an Event
Season 2 of Digital Therapeutics Podcast would not be possible without the support of leading DTx organizations. Thank you to:
> Presenting Partner: Amalgam Rx
Follow Digital Health Today:
Follow Health Podcast Network: