Using AI in the Outpatient Clinic
In this episode, we are privileged to host the fantastic Dr. Rajiv Sivendran, Co-Founder and CEO at Apprentice Health. He is an expert in the simulation space and optimization of resources. Rajiv is driven by the desire to solve problems in healthcare, and the idea for his company started when he was doing his MBA at Harvard.
Rajiv explains simulations and modeling, and links that to resource allocation and logistics in healthcare. He also discusses queueing theory, starting simulations in healthcare, the different variables involved, and ways to collect the healthcare data needed for the simulation. We hyper-focus on the power of the simulation approach and where it is heading. Rajiv provides powerful examples of simulations and where they can and cannot be successful. We also cover the marketing, ROI side of simulation, and more.
There are many potential uses of simulations, and this conversation is an excellent start to learn about it and how you can use it in your clinic or hospital, so tune in!
About Rajiv Sivendran, MD
Rajiv Sivendran is the Co-Founder and CEO at Apprentice Health, a software that helps to deliver exceptional care by improving the use of their valuable resource – clinical time and space. Before Apprentice, he worked as an Attending Physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and as a Clinical Fellow and Instructor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
- You have to understand the laws of nature that govern that specific niche.
- A standard practice doesn’t do simulation.
- It is simpler to get started on something simple.
- It is hard to build the data set in simulation.
- Each sensor is uniquely identified to them when a patient comes in.
- You can build your nuance into your simulation model. It could be super simple, or it could be super complex.
- Every doctor obeys the same rule of queueing.
- The model can take different inputs to provide outputs specific to practice.
- There are so many variabilities in healthcare.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rajiv-sivendran-md-mba-1a519283/
- Twitter: @rajiv_sivendran
- Website: https://www.apprenticehealth.com/