“It’s in the Stars” : Actor Angela Lewis talks joy after pain
Who: Angela Lewis, Mother, Actress, Activist
Erica McAfee, Founder of Sisters in Loss
Episode Description (short/two sentences)
There can be joy even after disappointment, shame and loss. It often requires the right perspective and a supportive birthing team that still honors your vision even when plans change. This week, actress Angela Lewis, a star of FX’s SnowFall, shares her birth story including how prior miscarriages shaped her experience. Our special guest, Erica McAfee, founder of Sisters in Loss, shares the facts about miscarriages and why we are so bad at processing pregnancy loss as a society/as a people. In the end, Angela’s birth culminates with a moment of true star power.
- Watch Angela Lewis as #AuntLouie on #SnowfallFX. Follow along on IG @luvangelalewis & @snowfallfx
- Learn more about Erica M. Mcafee https://www.ericammcafee.com
- Sisters in Loss a digital media platform where Black Women replace Silence with Storytelling around Pregnancy and Infant Loss and Infertility.
- Natural Birth Center Midwives in LA; Doula, Nina Phelan of The Soulful Birth
- Learn more about having a safe and empowered birth by downloading the free ebook: Birth with Irth: A Mini-Manual to Pregnancy and Childbirth for Black People
Get full episode details and transcripts (posted by midday) on www.BirthrightPodcast.com
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.