Building Effective Clinical Data Models with Angelique Russell
September 24, 2021: Examine. Diagnose. Prescribe. Is predictive analytics the magic pill for healthcare? Angelique Russell, Senior Clinical Data Scientist / Informaticist joins us today to share her advanced data science and deep healthcare expertise. How can we use visualization and modeling techniques to solve healthcare’s most challenging problems? What kind of insights are we looking to derive from the data? Have the tools changed much over the last five years? Are we still focused on provider data or are we starting to pull in some other data? And what is the future of machine learning, AI and NLP?
- In 2011 the focus in healthcare was that we needed to modernize [00:04:20]
- Treatment guidelines and order sets, which are how hospitals standardize treatment, change all the time [00:12:40]
- Analytics answers questions and data science explores what questions we should be asking [00:18:15]
- Prediction is before the diagnostic criteria is met and detection is after that point [00:33:30]
- The Undoing Project book by Michael Lewis