386 – What is a FHIR event platform? Vivek Krishnan, Alcidion
In this episode of Talking HealthTech, host Sophie Turner sits down with guest Vivek Krishnan, Chief Technology Officer of Alcidion.
They delve into the world of digital innovation in healthcare and discuss the importance of interoperability, event-driven platforms, and the FHIR standard (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources).
Vivek shares insights into Alcidion’s patient flow solutions and how their FHIR events platform is revolutionising data exchange and improving patient care.
- The National FHIR Accelerator Programme, launched by the Department of Health and CSIRO, aims to facilitate real-time data exchange in healthcare in Australia.
- FHIR (Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources) is a standard that enables the exchange of healthcare information between different systems using technologies like HTTP, JSON, and MSDP.
- Alcidion specialises in patient flow solutions and utilises event-driven platforms to process and manage healthcare events, triggering actionable outcomes.
- The FHIR events platform improves the process of data exchange, standardises information in a FHIR format, and facilitates timely actions and alerts.
- Interoperability has been a long-standing challenge in the healthcare industry, with the need for a common vocabulary and medium to facilitate seamless data exchange.
Check out the episode and full show article on the Talking HealthTech website.
Loving the show? Leave us a review, and share it with someone who might get some value from it.
Keen to take your healthtech to the next level? Become a THT+ Member for access to our online community forum, quarterly summits, and more exclusive content. For more information, visit talkinghealthtech.com/thtplus