54: ARDS Part 2… Meds, Proning, and ECMO With Guest Christian Guzman APRN
Concluding this two-part series on acute respiratory distress syndrome, Sarah and Christian Guzman APRN focus on the treatment options of ARDS and how you can make a difference in the outcome of ARDS patients.
They cover the pros and cons of deep sedation, early paralysis, inhaled vasodilators, steroids and more. You’ll also learn about the rationale for prone position therapy and ECMO.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Pharmacological interventions for ARDS
- Pros and Cons to sedation and paralytics for patients with ARDS
- The controversial use of steroids and more medications
- Benefits of prone position therapy
- The role of fluid management
- How Christian treated his ARDS patient
- Determining when to cannulate for ECMO and when take a patient off ECMO
- Christian’s tips on recognizing and treating ARDS
If you would like to check out Sarah’s 1hr, 1 CE course, go to: http://www.rapidresponseandrescue.com
To get the FREE Rapid Response RN Assessment Guide and the coupon code for $10 off the cost of the course, message Sarah on Instagram @TheRapidResponseRN and type the word PODCAST!
This episode was produced by Podcast Boutique http://www.podcastboutique.com
Mentioned in this episode:
If you are planning to sit for your CCRN and would like to take the Critical Care Academy CCRN prep course you can visit https://www.ccrnacademy.com and use coupon code RAPID10 to get 10% off the cost of the course!