Unlocking Longevity Fitness with Patrick Samy
This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
After experiencing personal health issues and being dismissed by healthcare providers, our next guest is using his deep technical expertise and passion for helping others to find answers in their health data and break the limitations of wearable technology for greater performance and higher quality of life.
Patrick Samy, CEO of Span, joins us to discuss how his team is blending research, coaching, and technology to translate biometric data into personalized habit experiments to unlock a person’s health potential.
Join us to learn how Patrick and the Span team are unlocking longevity fitness. Let’s go!
- How Patrick became passionate about longevity and identifying medical interventions to support it.
- What Span does as a longevity coaching platform that uses data from your current wearable technology.
- Insights Patrick received after launching Span in the marketplace.
- The reception from consumers around the idea of experiments.
About Our Guest:
Patrick Samy has always had a passion for pursuing knowledge. As a kid, he explored the internet of the early 2000s by building websites, and in college he supplemented his Computer Science degree with classes in design and neuroscience to broaden his learning experience. So when his passions led him from engineering to the intersection of healthcare and technology with Span, Patrick dove in headfirst.
Patrick was building Skype consumer products for his job with Microsoft when he noticed that his 10-hours-a-day desk job was taking a toll on his physical activity and long-term health markers. Concerned for his health, Patrick began monitoring his health metrics with various wearable technology. But though Patrick could track the data, it didn’t help him discover what his metrics meant—or how to fix them.
It was longevity MD Adam Bataineh who helped Patrick make sense of the data and change his lifestyle effectively. Patrick delved into the world of health and technology and realized he wasn’t the only one struggling to leverage his health metrics. So he and Adam created Span, a company that analyzes data from wearables to help people maximize their health potential. Patrick’s goal isn’t just to help people improve their health metrics. He wants to help them live their best lives for as long as possible.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Span website: CLICK HERE
- Patrick Samy LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Span Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE