Delivering New Treatments for Type 2 Diabetes with Dr. Harith Rajagopalan
This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Catalyst. To virtually tour Catalyst and claim your space on campus, or host an upcoming event: CLICK HERE
As we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the discovery of insulin, it may seem that type 2 diabetes treatment has come a long way. However, therapeutics and treatment have evolved very little since 1921. Our next guest is a scientist turned entrepreneur who is determined to create innovative breakthroughs that address the root cause of type 2 diabetes. By leveraging his groundbreaking insights of the intestine’s role in metabolic disease, his company is developing entirely new treatment approaches to type 2 diabetes and other metabolic diseases.
Dr. Harith Rajagopalan, CEO of Fractyl Health, joins us to discuss his vision of a healthier society free from the burdens of metabolic diseases and how you can get involved.
Join us as Dr. Rajagopalan shares his journey towards changing the trajectory of metabolic disease risk that will move the health of our communities forward. Let’s go!
- Dr. Rajagopalan’s career change from physician to entrepreneur
- Fractal Health’s origin story and the company’s passion of tackling the root cause of diabetes
- Why gut health is so important for overall health
- Fractal Health’s long-term goal of reducing the risk of various metabolic diseases
About our Guest:
Harith Rajagopalan, M.D., Ph.D., is Co-founder and CEO of Fractyl, having started the company while serving as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at General Catalyst Partners. Prior to founding Fractyl, Harith was an academic cardiologist and physician-scientist. He received his B.S. in chemistry from Stanford University and went on to obtain M.D. and Ph.D. degrees from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. At Johns Hopkins, Harith did groundbreaking and award-winning research on intestinal cancers that was published in top medical journals including Nature and Science. After medical school, Harith trained in internal medicine and clinical cardiology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and completed a research fellowship at the Harvard Stem Cell Institute at Harvard Medical School.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- Fractyl Health website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Harith Rajagopalan LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Fractyl Health Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE