Bridging Digital Health and Clinical Orthopedics with Dr. Stefano Bini
This episode’s Community Champion Sponsor is Adaptrack. To learn how Adaptrack is helping healthcare avoid malpractice, burnout & administrative risks: CLICK HERE
With a mission to unite healthcare leaders and digital health innovators to advance musculoskeletal care, our next guest shares his journey of becoming an internationally recognized leader who has inspired so many to move the industry forward.
Dr. Stefano Bini, Founder and Chair of the Digital Orthopedics Conference, joins us today to discuss when he became passionate about digital health technology and why orthopedic medicine is ideal for it.
Additionally, Dr. Bini outlines the unique aspects of his annual conference and how you can get involved.
Join us for this fun and imaginative conversation with one of the brightest minds in the healthcare industry.
- Why Dr. Bini became so passionate about technology while living in San Francisco
- The reasons why orthopedics is a great space for digital technology innovation
- What DOCSF focuses on when bringing together technologists and orthopedics experts together
- The big impact policy and regulation has on healthcare innovation
- The segments of the DOCSF conference that make it unique
- How to get involved in DOCSF conference
About our Guest:
Dr. Stefano Bini is a Professor of Orthopedic Surgery specializing in hip and knee replacement at the University of California San Francisco, ranked in the top 6 departments in the USA. He is the Founder and Chair of the Digital Orthopaedics Conference (DOCSF) and the host of the Digital Orthopaedics Podcast. DOCSF aims to bridge digital health and clinical orthopaedics and thereby catalyze the adoption of digital health tools in the musculoskeletal vertical. At UCSF Dr. Bini serves as the Chief Technology Officer for the department and is on the UCSF Center for Digital Health Innovation committee as well as the board of the UCSF Health Hub Accelerator. Stefano also serves as the Chair of the Digital Health Committee for the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, consults for multinational organizations and several start-ups, and has authored a book on change management. Current research interests include quantifying the impact of digital health on orthopedic care delivery, the use of sensor data to create predictive analytics using AI/ML, and bringing precision medicine to total knee procedures using caliper based knee alignment techniques. Stefano is an Associate Editor for Arthroplasty Today, on the Editorial Board of The Journal of Arthroplasty where he serves as an Elite Reviewer, has authored numerous papers in major journals and has delivered well over 100 lectures and keynotes nationally and internationally on both clinical and digital orthopedics.
Prior to UCSF, Stefano gained administrative experience working at Kaiser Permanente. He held numerous leadership positions including Chief of Orthopedics and was a recipient of the California Health Care Foundation’s Leadership Fellowship.
Stefano was born in Italy, raised in Australia, and educated in California. He is married to his (amazing) wife and has two (awesome) kids. He is adamant about learning guitar despite having no inherent musical talent.
Links Supporting This Episode:
- DOCSF website: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Stefano Bini LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Dr. Stefano Bini Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Clubhouse handle: @mikebiselli
- Mike Biselli LinkedIn page: CLICK HERE
- Mike Biselli Twitter page: CLICK HERE
- Visit our website: CLICK HERE
- Subscribe to newsletter: CLICK HERE
- Guest nomination form: CLICK HERE