Time to S.O.A.R.
In this special episode, Joy sits down with each of the speakers from the inaugural S.O.A.R. Conference, presented by Bluebird Leaders in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. The event was created to support advancing women in health IT, which is a theme near and dear to our HIT Like a Girl pod hearts.
A variety of topics were covered, ranging from the importance of personal branding, self-advocacy, measuring DEI, reframing failure into opportunity, making friends with the problem you’re trying to solve, and much more. We learned from industry experts and a very special tech-savvy teen. Enjoy!
- 00:46 – Victoria Pelletier: The Importance of Personal Branding
- 06:00 – Rebecca Woods: Mentorship
- 09:42 – Kristen Duell: Measuring Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- 14:35 – Stacy DiStefano: Reframing Failure into Opportunity
- 17:32 – Kat McDavitt: Making Friends with your Problem
- 20:35 – Kathryn Wetherby: Promoting Better Cultures within Technology
- 26:00 – Dr. Guinevere Stasio: The Energy You Bring
- 31:53 – Dr. Simran & Ed Marx: Differences Between Male & Female Leadership
- 36:56 – Olivia Van Ledtje: Making Technology More Accessible to Kids
- 42:22 – Lauren Friedrich: The Importance of Self Advocacy
- 48:46 – Dr. Bobbi Wegner: Creating Cohesion & Strong Teams