Wound Care and Entrepreneurship with Donna Nair
Although most people consider wounds to be a negative thing, they are actually a necessary part of the healing process. By providing good wound care, you can speed up the healing process and minimize the chances of infection or other complications.
In this episode of High Performance Nursing, I had a lesson-filled conversation with Donna Nair. Donna is an advanced practice nurse with 20 years of wound care experience and has completed accredited lymphedema training as well.
In our conversation, we take a look at the different types of wounds, how to properly care for them, and some of the common complications that can occur. We also discuss when it might be time to seek professional help and some of the innovative treatments that are available today.
So whether you’re a nurse who wants to brush up on your wound care knowledge or someone who is caring for a loved one with a wound, this episode is for you. Listen now to learn more about wound care!
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Who is Donna Nair? (00:45)
- Donna’s nursing journey (01:50)
- How to improve your wound care skills (08:09)
- Nursing fundamentals to focus on (13:15)
- Teaching patients about self-care (17:45)
- How to care for a wound properly? (22:49)
- What is Lymphedema? (27:57)
- Reducing pressure injuries and maintaining skin integrity (31:08)
- How are data collected used in the healthcare industry? (33:41)
- Weight Neutral Care (36:32)
- Donna’s greatest lessons (45:12)
CONNECT WITH DONNA NAIR
Connect with Donna on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Visit her website here.
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL COACHING
Follow @highperformancenursing on Instagram for the latest career and leadership coaching from Liam.
Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips and strategies to thrive within your career. All new joins receive my Career freebies that have helped hundreds of nurses succeed in their careers! (You must answer all questions to be admitted).
Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!