Top Tips for Nailing Interview Questions!
In today’s episode of High Performance Nursing, let’s talk about some top tips for responding to interview questions. We are diving deeper into a couple of key components that I would love you to get your head around so that you can approach your interviews confidently. There is a lot of work, but preparation is the key for making it work and getting your dream job.
In this episode, we will be covering three different types of questions that you will come across in the interview and how to respond to those three types of questions, ensuring that you use effective strategies throughout to help you confidently respond under pressure.
As clinicians, we put a lot of work and preparation to be able to go in and perform at our highest level. Always remember that it will be worth it. You’ll have a new job. You’d be really happy in this new role because it’s what you want to do. Make the preparation and nail those interview questions with confidence!
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Interview notes as safety net (02:31)
- The introductory icebreaker question (05:48)
- Key question themes (07:20)
- A list of sentences (10:59)
- The STAR example question (12:50)
- The scenario based response (14:25)
- Importance of using professional language in communicating (20:47)
- The STAR process and behavioral examples (22:24)
- “If you don’t get it the first time, do not beat yourself up.” – Liam Caswell (02:14)
- “They want to see that we have the underlying knowledge. They don’t necessarily look for the perfect answer.”- Liam Caswell (10:42)
- “If you really, really want something, you will make the time.” – Liam Caswell (36:05)
- Interview Notes Template
- Resus your CV with Liam Caswell
There are a few ways you can connect with me to start taking those steps to build your healthcare career:
- Download my application freebies Download Freebies Here!
- Join my exclusive HPN PRIVATE Facebook community to help clinicians build their career!
- Check out @highperformancenursing on Instagram
- Have a sneak peak on my Website
- Send me an email @[email protected]
Book your tickets for the “Beating Stress & Burnout – Unleash Your Happy Nurse!” online seminar here.