The Impacts Of Bullying Within The Healthcare Profession With Tammy Copley
We see bullying in various forms and in different parts of our society. We may think that bullying can only be seen in schools, but it’s rampant even in workplaces. Today, we’ll be speaking about the impacts of bullying within the healthcare profession with Tammy Copley.
She’s been a long-time advocate of stopping bullying in the health industry hence the creation of Nurses and Midwives Against Bullying Australia.
In this week’s episode of the High Performance Nursing, I welcome back the amazing Tammy Copley. The last time we had her on the show, Tammy explained the bullying and harassment nursing pandemic.
Now, she gives an in-depth discussion of what bullying is all about, it’s impacts, how is it reinforced and how can nurses get out of it.
Although bullying can be deeply embedded in one’s work culture, it’s still possible to eradicate it. Tammy leads this possibility by showcasing her own bullying experience and what she did to put an end to it.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- The similarities between Domestic Violence, Bullying and Coercive Control (02:45)
- How can nurses get out of the bullying? (11:17)
- Why bullying is all about projection (19:10)
- How does competition reinforce bullying (22:20)
- The value of being open to self-coaching and self-leadership (27:25)
- Why it’s important to learn the Code of Conduct (29:30)
- Tammy’s experience of being bullied as a manager (32:27)
- Liam’s bullying experience in his career (35:49)
- Self-care and self-compassion (38:12)
- What are you running that no longer serves you? (39:42)
- Tammy’s tips for nurses experiencing domestic violence or bullying (43:35)
CONNECT WITH TAMMY COPLEY
Connect with Tammy on LinkedIn
Check out the YouTube Channel of Nurses and Midwives Against Bullying Australia here.
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!