Aesthetic's Nursing & Nursepreneurship In The UK with Charlotte Reynolds
In this episode, I had a fun and informative talk with Charlotte Reynolds, who has been a colleague back in the UK. She is an ICU nurse and a nurseprenuer at the same time with her very own aesthetics clinic.
Charlotte had years of experience as an ICU nurse until she gave birth and realized that she needed to do something different. And that’s where the aesthetics clinic started.
At first, she was afraid of venturing into something she wasn’t really familiar with. She is afraid of what other people will think or if she can really make it until she learns to care less about others’ opinions.
In this episode, Charlotte also shares what it was like to be an ICU nurse when the COVID-19 pandemic started. According to her, the hardest part was seeing other people suffer and not having a definite plan to handle the situation.
On the brighter side, she says they got the support they needed in such tough times. The hospital that she has been working at has helped her cope, especially on the emotional side, with everything going on around.
To sum it up, Charlotte, like any other nurse in the world, wants to do something different at some time too. Working in the hospital can be draining, and that’s when nurses start to look for options. And there’s nothing wrong with it, actually. After all, nurses are still humans who need an outlet to destress and find another path at the same time.
WHAT YOU’LL DISCOVER IN THIS EPISODE:
- Charlotte’s nursing journey (01:45)
- What is outreach nursing services in the UK look like (04:05)
- How Charlotte discovered a new path (09:07)
- What it’s like to be a nurse during COVID (12:02)
- Charlotte’s experience as an ICU nurse (17:05)
- How Charlotte established her aesthetic business (22:15)
- What it was like to take the first payment in Charlotte’s business (24:50)
- Charlotte’s advice to those who are planning to start an aesthetics company (28:12)
- Charlotte’s definition of high-performance nursing (31:00)
- Charlotte’s advice to health workers who are planning to do something different (36:35)
- What keeps Charlotte going (40:00)
CONNECT WITH CHARLOTTE REYNOLDS
Visit Charlotte’s http://www.charlottesaesthetics.com
CONNECT WITH LIAM CASWELL
Connect with me on Instagram
PS. I have launched my signature “8 week Clinical Career Accelerator Program” to help clinicians (just like you) achieve their career goals, with confidence, clarity and mentorship from me! If this sounds like something you are interested in – reply with the word “Accelerate” for more info!
P.P.S Whenever you are ready… here are 3 ways I can help you build your healthcare career.
1) Click here to Join my private Facebook Community “High-Performance Nursing – How to build your healthcare career” where I share all the career tips, strategies, and planing you need to thrive. PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS TO GET ACCESS
2) Subscribe and listen to the High Performance Nursing Podcast available on all major podcast platforms! I would love if you could leave a review!
3) Check out my Instagram@highperformancenursing and join your HPN peers!