68: Building Up Women Leaders, with Ceci Connolly, Joanne Conroy, M.D., Kristi Ebong, Julie Gerberding, M.D., and Sanjula Jain, Ph.D.
Re-meet the Hosts:
This episode showcases the Her Story Advisory Council. Ceci Connolly is the President & CEO of the Alliance of Community Health Plans. Joanne M. Conroy, M.D., serves as CEO and President of Dartmouth-Hitchcock and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health. Kristi Ebong is the head of Partnerships and Market Development at Define Ventures. Julie L. Gerberding, M.D. is Chief Patient Officer and Executive Vice President at Merck. Sanjula Jain, Ph.D. is a co-founder of Think Medium and is an SVP of Market Strategy and Chief Research Officer at Trilliant Health.
For young professionals starting their careers, to established leaders looking to refine their skills, Her Story is the show for you. We tell stories by women, for women, to expand the vision of what is possible in healthcare.
- Bringing Others Along. Ceci emphasizes that women leaders should play a role in supporting and advancing the next generation of leaders. (1:01)
- Women Together. Dr. Conroy describes how groups of female leaders can help each other find their purpose, create impact, and make meaningful goals a reality. (2:38)
- Competitive Advantage. Kristi points out that being a woman can be a competitive advantage in male-dominated fields, by providing an outside perspective on the industry. (5:42)
- Building Your Toolbox. Dr. Gerberding encourages leaders to think of their career as a toolbox – each experience should add a new tool. The more versatile you are, the more opportunities you will have long-term. (7:39)
- Navigating Healthcare. Dr. Jain describes how healthcare is a complex industry. Her Story explores the multitude of career paths within and associated with healthcare. (9:52)