Ep. 97: Making Medical Data More Valuable – Jordon Ritchie, PhD (CEO AiMedica)
Jordon Ritchie is helping patients use personal health information to improve their health outcomes with health technology. He’s currently the CEO at AiMedica, a software company on a mission to simplify healthcare data. Jordon shares why he felt called to serve the healthcare industry by not being a doctor and also explains how AiMedica plans to tackle the seemingly insurmountable challenge of healthcare data and privacy. Listen in for a great interview with Ray and Jordon!
- Jordon shares how his background in computer programming and software development got him interested in electronic health record systems.
- How his dad, Bryan Ritchie, introduced him to Bitcoin and why he immediately saw solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Why Jordon thinks that AI will play a big role in the future of digital healthcare.
- The relationship between security and access and the challenges it’s creating for healthcare data.
- How AiMedica’s suite of products helps providers make better healthcare recommendations based on otherwise hard-to-access data.
- Why the current electronic health record systems are not as secure as we believe them to be.
- The reason that the healthcare industry doesn’t obey traditional economic signals.
Connect with Jordon
On June 24, 2022, the majority of the U.S. Supreme Court voted to abolish the constitutional right to abortion. The 6-3 majority decision overturned the landmark ruling of the 1973, Roe V. Wade, which generally protected a pregnant woman’s right to choose to have an abortion. This decision is expected to have negative cascading effects across the U.S. healthcare system.
- HHS Issues Guidance to Protect Patient Privacy in Wake of Supreme Court Decision on Roe | HHS.gov
- Period tracker app Flo dev ‘anonymous mode’ : NPR
- The Supreme Court Decision That Defined Abortion Rights for Thirty Years | The New Yorker
Health Unchained Links
- Website: https://healthunchained.org
- Telegram: t.me/healthunchained
- Twitter: twitter.com/Healthunchaind
- Stitcher: Health Unchained Podcast on Stitcher
- iTunes: Health Unchained Podcast on Apple Podcasts
- Google Play: Google Play Music is no longer available
- Spotify: Spotify for Podcasters