Thyroid Disease: You're Not Alone | Victoria Gasparini
According to the American Thyroid Association, over 12 percent of the U.S. population will develop a thyroid condition during their lifetime. However, up to 60 percent of the 20 million Americans who have thyroid disease are unaware of their condition.
Victoria Gasparini, founder of The Butterfly Effect Blog, which began as a result of her own thyroid condition, shares her story and covers the following:
- Learnings she gleaned from the patients she has connected through her blog which would benefit both patients and the medical community alike
- Realistic suggestions for how to manage thyroid disease in the short term and over your lifetime
- Tips for knowing what information to trust online
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, please leave a review on iTunes!
And be sure to:
- Sign up for the Fempower Health Monthly Newsletter
- Follow on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
About Victoria Gasparini
Victoria is a naturopathic medical student at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, as well as a patient advocate for thyroid and autoimmune disease. She is the founder of The Butterfly Effect Blog and instagram, @thefedupthyroid, where she is dedicated to providing research and patient-patient advice on healing and dealing with thyroid disease.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links.