Preventing the Preventable During Pregnancy | Dr Joanne Stone
Recent data shows 20-50% of maternal mortality cases are preventable. Dr Joanne Stone, a maternal fetal medicine (MFM) specialist, speaks about how moms-to-be can prevent the preventable during pregnancy.
Dr. Joanne Stone is a well-known expert in the field of Maternal Fetal Medicine and serves as the Maternal Fetal Medicine Division Director for the Mount Sinai Health System. She also is the Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship Director and Vice Chair for Diversity and Inclusion within her department.
In this episode, Dr Stone covers:
- Tips any woman considering pregnancy should listen to
- Specific conditions that are preventable and how moms-to-be can be proactive
- The importance of advocacy
- A Postpartum Doula: Why It’s the Best Gift for New Families
- Restoring Your Core due to Abdominal Separation
- Breastfeeding: Optimizing your Success and Minimizing Shame
- Preeclampsia Criteria from American College of OB GYN
- Not Broken: An Approachable Guide to Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, please leave a review on iTunes!
And be sure to:
- Sign up for the Fempower Health Monthly Newsletter
- Follow on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Shop the Fempower Health store for products discussed on the podcast.
- ReceptivaDx the sponsor of all of Season 2. Provide code FEMPOWER-HEALTH for $75 off.
More About Dr Joanne Stone
Dr. Stone’s clinical interests are in multiple gestations, prenatal diagnosis, and invasive fetal procedures. Her research interests span the gamut of multifetal pregnancies, labor induction, and ultrasound. She has a busy consultative and clinical practice, as well as being active in teaching and research.
Dr. Stone serves on the executive committees of the Society for Maternal Fetal Medicine and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. She is the co-author of the books Pregnancy for Dummies and The Pregnancy Bible. She has been named a Castle Connolly/New York Magazine Top Doctor and a New York Times Magazine Super Doctor for the past several years.
Dr. Stone completed her residency and fellowship at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and continued on as full time faculty.
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions.
Contains affiliate links.