Pelvic Floor Surgery: Prevent, Prepare, and Optimize Success | Kim Vopni
Pelvic floor muscles play an important role in our bodies, and we may not realize how important until we have incontinence, pain, and/or prolapse. A common concern is the root cause of a dysfunction might not be properly addressed causing issues down the line such as the need for surgery or repeat surgery.
Kim Vopni, author of Your Pelvic Floor, is a self professed pelvic health evangelist and is known as The Vagina Coach.She is a certified fitness professional who wants to end the suffering associated with pelvic floor dysfunction.
Kim speaks with Fempower Health on the following about pelvic floor health and surgery:
- Which are the 3 types of pelvic floor dysfunctions?
- What are the signs of a weak pelvic floor and how do you fix pelvic floor dysfunction?
- What are pelvic floor dysfunction treatment options and which pelvic floor dysfunctions might require surgery?
- How do you optimize pelvic floor surgery recovery time and outcomes?
- How successful is pelvic prolapse surgery, and what can you do post surgery to optimize results?
- How do you find the right pelvic floor surgeon?
- Which questions should you ask the pelvic floor surgeon?
- What if you can’t afford a pelvic floor specialist or surgeon?
“I do see a lot of people after the fact who say “I had surgery for this and then I still have this problem or the problem came back” or “I have another problem and then I had another surgery.” People will chase the problem with surgery or pharmaceuticals and aren’t getting to a root cause.” – Kim Vopni
Follow Kim Vopni on Instagram
- Buff Muff App
- Free Pelvic Surgery Webinar
- Spotify Playlist for other Pelvic Health related episodes
- Kim’s Book Your Pelvic Floor
- Study on lower back pain and association with pelvic floor issues
- Below the Belt film
If you liked this episode and you’re feeling generous, don’t forget to leave a review on iTunes or Spotify!
And be sure to:
- Follow Fempower Health on Instagram for updates and tips.
- Tell 2-3 of your friends about this episode!
**The information shared by Fempower Health is not medical advice but for information purposes to enable you to have more effective conversations with your doctor. Always talk to your doctor before making health-related decisions. Additionally, the views expressed by the Fempower Health podcast guests are their own and their appearance on the program does not imply an endorsement of them or any entity they represent.**
**Contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links**
More about Kim Vopni
Kim Vopni is a self professed pelvic health evangelist and is known as The Vagina Coach. She is a certified fitness professional who wants to end the suffering associated with pelvic floor dysfunction.
She is a published author, a passionate speaker and women’s health educator. Kim is the founder of Pelvienne Wellness Inc – a company offering pelvic health programs products and coaching for women in pregnancy, motherhood and menopause. She also co-founded, grew, and sold a company called Bellies Inc where she created the Ab System – a revolutionary birth prep and recovery system for pregnant women. Her annual event Kegels & Cocktails™ has helped hundreds gain knowledge about pelvic health and her Buff Muff app is ensuring everyone knows how to do kegels and actually does them!
Kim also certifies other fitness and movement professionals to work with women with core and pelvic floor challenges through her Core Confidence Specialist Certification.
You can find her on-line at www.vaginacoach.com and on social media @vaginacoach